In preparation for a talk I was preparing (slides are below!) on taking your career to the next level I wrote a series of articles (I think out loud so it helps me organize my thoughts).
Choosing your path and working it with finesse
- Finding your Path – do you know the success criteria for your career?
- Find your Motivation – how to get into the flow and best procrastination
- Becoming Indispensable
- Using What You Have to Get What You Want
- Rocking your role – doing the best you can at your current role
- The Power of Positive – master your insecurity and build confidence at work
- Reframing: Put On Those Rose-Colored Glasses
- How to Make Your Own Luck
- Overcoming Self-Doubt
- Authenticity on the Path to Success
Improving your soft skills
Being an awesome part of any team
- You should care about how others perceive you, and here is why
- Your boss has no clue what you do all day – the importance of trust at work
- Managing Meetings with Your Manager
Being more effective, productive, and awesome
- Do *this* in your next meeting….(hint: it involves a pen and paper)
- One Technique to Being Awesome You Aren’t Using Enough: Questions
Are you awesome? Yes!
This was a series of posts written for a presentation on how to be awesome at your engineering or operations job.
So many people liked the articles though, that I moved them to their own section
- Manage Your Career – Being Awesome Part 1
- Being a great teammate – Being Awesome Part 2
- Improve Your Communication Skills – Being Awesome Part 3b
- Keep Improving! – Being Awesome Part 4
You can also view a webcast of the talk here.
Advice for technologists
- Engineers On Engineers: What’s Your Best Career Advice?
- Handling Technical Disagreements with Finesse
Want More Awesome?
Then here some more of my articles you may also enjoy:
And if you have any suggestions or ideas for future topics, let me know!