In the last 7 or so years it seems that I have done a ton of interviewing and hiring. And after more than 600 interviews and hiring more than 70 people I have formed some strong opinions on how to evaluate technical talent and leadership.
Over the last 3 years I had worked on compiling everything I knew about recruiting and building a create engineering team. In many ways assessing talent is easy to teach, but finding good people fast, can be immensely difficult especially when you have a small team.
The information was too much for a book, so we created a website.
You can learn more over at:
My epic list of interview questions:
If you are a candidate interviewing for a job:
- Building the skills you need to qualify – the first step in landing your dream role
- Questions to Ask in Your Interview
- 10 minutes a day to your dream job
If you are a hiring manager, or employee interviewing potentials:
- A Good Technical Interview Question for Software Development Managers
- My interview questions for systems engineers, systems administrators, and network engineers
- Creating Interview Questions for PMs and TPMs
- Interview Questions for Software Managers and Leaders
Preparation and designing your hiring process
- Preparing for Interviews
- Creating Good Interview Questions for SDEs and Engineers
- Keeping an Interview on Schedule
- It’s the Method not the Answer
- Why Most Interviews Should be Technology Agnostic
- Writing a Good Job Description
- Why You Shouldn’t Put Perks in a Job Description, and How to Prove Me Wrong
If you have a post or something you would like to see added to this section let me know!